In honor of NewFest’s 30th Anniversary in 2018, we invite you to join our 30+30 Campaign to create NEW youth educational and empowerment programs, and to extend our current community outreach throughout the five boroughs.
These efforts will ensure the next generation of emerging voices has the tools and resources needed to tell their unique stories, as well as a platform for their diverse works to be seen and celebrated.
NewFest has set the goal to raise $30,000 by the end of New York’s LGBT Film Festival (October 24th) PLUS another $30,000 by December 31, 2017. We hope you’ll join us in raising $60,000 as we head into our 30th year.
IN ADDITION, $10 could win you the ROMAN HOLIDAY GRAND PRIZE including roundtrip in Premium Class and a 4-Nights stay at a luxury hotel.
The more you enter, the more chances you have to win!
Proceeds benefit NewFest’s year-round programming
RAFFLE ENDS: OCTOBER 24, 2017 : 12:00 pm EST .
ENTER TO WIN HERE
You do not have to be present to win.
GRAND PRIZE includes:
- Travel for two to Rome, Italy.
- Round-trip flights to Rome, Italy with Norwegian Air in Premium Class;
- Four nights’ accommodation at your choice of any extraordinary Small Luxury Hotels of the World Property in Rome. There are eight exquisite properties to choose from.
Total value: $4,999
A One-Year Membership to Chelsea Piers’ Sports Center and Pier 60 Barre
- Membership includes access to the 25-yard, 6-lane swimming pool, 3 basketball courts, a boxing ring, indoor sand volleyball court and the 200-meter banked competition track
- The 150,000-square-foot facility features 120 group classes a week, including yoga, Pilates, TRX, spinning, swimming, rowing and boxing
- Pier 60 Barre offers barre fitness and dance classes in a dedicated studio space
- Largest climbing wall in the Northeast
- More than 30 qualified personal trainers to help reach your fitness goals
Total value: $2,500
HBO Gift Basket
- Crashing duffle/gym bag
- Westworld Dr. Ford POP Figurine
- Curb Your Enthusiasm seasons 1-8 DVDs + Tumbler
- Girls seasons 1-5 DVDs + Coffee Mug
- True Blood complete series pack + cap
- The Deuce Polaroid Instant Digital Camera
- HBO Docs Films Winter Beenie
Total value: $500
Showtime Gift Basket
- Billions Gold Speaker
- Flat Brim Shameless Hat
- Billions 17 oz. Thermal Bottle
- Showtime Amherst Journal
- Masters of Sex Coffee Mug
- Shameless Beanie
- Shameless Bodywrap Blanket
- Showtime Compact Umbrella-Black
- Twin Peaks Welcome Sign Grey Sweatshirt
- SHO Tote Bag
Total value: $350
Enjoy 2 round-trip flights in Premium Class courtesy of Norwegian Air.
Rules & Regulations
Grand Prize Rules & Regulations
- Roundtrip airfare for 2 people in Premium Class from the United States to Rome, which launches November 9. 2017.
- Travel must be initiated by 12 months from November 9, 2017.
- No blackout dates apply, except public holidays such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, New Years.
- Flights are on Norwegian Air in premium class and originate from one of our non-stop U.S. destinations to Rome, which are New York City, Boston, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Oakland/San Francisco and Los Angeles.
- Winner is responsible for flights to one of these non-stop destinations, if applicable.
- Book early: flights are capacity controlled. You’ll need to give us 2 months notice to travel.
- Not all flights operate every day. You can check out our schedule at www.norwegian.com/us
- There is no refund value. Cancelled trips have no monetary compensation.
- All travelers must be on the same itinerary; no exceptions.
- The passenger(s) are responsible for extra fees and charges incurred as a result of excess baggage,additional purchases onboard, etc.
- As such, additional blackout dates may occur and can change without notice.
- The gift certificates are non-transferrable – it’s yours and only yours.
- The arrangement relates to standard double room accommodation only based on two people sharing.
- It is always subject to availability; (i.e. at the hotel’s discretion. If a booking is requested during the hotel’s peak period, or their annual complimentary room night allocation has already been confirmed, they are entitled to deny confirmation).
- The complimentary room night(s) can only be used with new bookings and therefore cannot be used in conjunction with an existing booking at an SLH Hotel.
- General online availability and hotel availability for claiming complimentary room night(s) may differ; the availability of the letter will prevail.
- A maximum of five (5) room nights can be requested per hotel, per stay, (applies only to complimentary room night offers for five nights or more.)
- A minimum of two (2) weeks’ notice must be given.
- The complimentary room night(s) are valid for 12 months from the date of receipt.
- All reservation requests must be made in writing only to the UK office for the attention of Katrin Holtkott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All food, beverages, taxes, and other incidental costs incurred by the guest are to be settled prior to departure from, and direct with, the individual hotel.
- Complimentary room night(s) are non-flexible and once confirmed by SLH, no alterations or cancellations can be made. In case of alteration or cancellation, you will forfeit the room night(s).
- Benefits associated with SLH’s loyalty programme, INVITED, cannot be redeemed in conjunction with this offer.
- Guests who choose to utilise their room night(s) at an all-inclusive SLH hotel will incur an additional charge, which will vary depending on the property selected.
- No monetary value can be given in exchange for a complimentary night(s).
- The complimentary night(s) cannot be transferred.
- The following hotel is not available: Casa Ellul, Malta.
- Small Luxury Hotels of the World has the right to update these terms and conditions.
- Complimentary room nights will be governed by the terms and conditions that are in place at the time the room nights are claimed rather than issued.
General Raffle Rules
I. NEW FESTIVAL RAFFLE RULES & REGULATIONS
A. Duration, Raffle drawing and winner(s).
1. The raffle will end on October 24th, 2017 at 12 noon EST.
2. Winner(s) will be randomly selected by drawing at the closing night movie, on October 24th, 2017 and do not have to be present to win.
3. Winners will be notified via email within 24 hours and will have 7-days to claim their prize.
B. Ticket sales
1. The sale of these tickets are not tax-deductible.
2. Ticket sales will only be sold by and sold to anyone that is 21 years or older.
3. Staff and blood relatives of New Festival are not eligible to win prizes.
II. COMPLIANCE WITH NEW YORK STATE LAW
New York State law defines raffles as “games of chance in which a participant pays money in return for a ticket or other receipt and in which a prize is awarded on the basis of a winning number or numbers, color or colors, or symbol or symbols designated on the ticket or receipt, determined by chance as a result of a drawing from among those tickets or receipts previously sold.” NY Gen. Mun. Law § 186 (2009).
1. Common Raffle Derivatives
The law applies equally to common raffle derivatives, such as 50/50, split-pot, and penny socials – silent auction- style events that include the purchase of multiple tickets and the opportunity for ticket buyers to choose which prize or prizes to deposit tickets for a chance at winning.
B. Net Proceeds
New York State law defines net proceeds to mean “(a) in relation to the gross receipts from one or more license periods of games of chance, the amount that shall remain after deducting the reasonable sums necessarily and actually expended for supplies and equipment, prizes, security-personnel, stated rental if any, bookkeeping or accounting services according to a schedule of compensation prescribed by the board, janitorial services and utility supplies if any, license fees, and the cost of bus transportation, if authorized by the clerk or department.” NY Gen. Mun. Law §186 (2009).
New York State law and the Regulations of the Racing and Wagering Board require organizations to obtain an identification number and license before conducting a raffle. New Festival is considered “authorized organizations” for charitable gaming and have applied for an identification number and license.
A. Raffle Categories
The New York State Racing and Wagering Board defines three categories of raffles, each with their own requirements. New Festival has selected to be in Raffle Category 2 based upon their expected net proceeds for each raffle and cumulative net proceeds from all raffles for the calendar year.