Need a quick and simple dinner? This one comes together very quickly. Pop it in the oven, get a few things done, and dinner will be on the table in no time.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Heat skillet over mid-high heat on stove-top.
- Combine 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Season the chicken liberally with the salt mixture.
- When skillet is good and hot, add the olive oil and place chicken in a single layer. Let the chicken sear for 6-7 minutes. Use tongs to gently lift the chicken and flip over each piece.
- After turning the breasts over add the tomatoes, garlic, parsley, and balsamic vinegar to the pan. Gently stir everything around a little to combine.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes. Serve with the sauce and garnish with the freshly chopped basil leaves. Enjoy!
By: Chef Will Baldwin
Tip of the Day by Melissa Hartwig:
Having a meal plan for the next three days or so can help you stay on track. The brain loves a plan, so you’ll be less stressed. Plus, you’ll save money by only buying the fresh food you need. When I’m roasting veggies, I make sure my oven is full with two trays, and use them throughout the week. I also keep a list of three “emergency meals” I can make quickly with foods I always have on hand, like scrambled eggs, steamed spinach, and avocado, for nights when I’m too tired to think about what’s for dinner. You can find some of my favorite Whole 30 meal ideas on the @whole30recipes Instagram feed.